Put the afternoon of September 28 on your calendar and plan to have a fun time at our first Craft Beer Hike.
Throughout the region, the month of October has been recognized as “Oaktober” in celebration of our most iconic native tree species. And Octoberfest has long been celebrated—in both September and October—as a beer-brewing holiday season. Join with KMLT to kick-off the autumn festivities at Oaktoberfest 2019!
Enjoy brews and views with your friends and neighbors. Quaff among the oaks and discover the scenic and botanical beauties of the preserve. Guided interpretive tours will be available, led by KMLT’s Greg Rajsky. Snacks, fresh beverages, and surprises are to be found upon the trail. Learn about our glacial heritage and our native flora, or simply hike on your own to discover what Nature has to offer.
- Tickets $25 in advance (on or before September 23); $35 on site
- At KMLT’s Petersen Island Woods Preserve
- Parking available at Lauderdale Landing, W5625 Westshore Drive, Elkhorn 53121
- Free shuttle from Lauderdale Landing to the event (less than half a mile along Oak Park Road)
- Hikes (and toasts) begin from the trailhead at the eastern end of Oak Park Road.
Watch this space for information about when you can register on EventBrite. All proceeds benefit the conservation efforts of Kettle Moraine Land Trust.